How to Use PayPal at Online Casinos
Playing with PayPal at top Australian gambling sites is nothing complicated. The payment method is accepted for deposits and withdrawals, making it a perfect choice for almost all payers. As of the time of this writing, PayPal has a global user base in over 200 countries. Users have the flexibility to send and receive money in 25 currencies, including Australian dollars.
Like every payment method, there are processes involved in using PayPal to gamble at AU online casinos.
First, you must register a PayPal account by visiting the official PayPal website and clicking the “Sign Up” button. You will be taken to the registration page. There, you have to provide details like your phone number, email address, name, and residential address.
Following submission of the form and acceptance of the payment operator’s terms and conditions, an activation link will be sent to the provided email address. If you click on the link, you will be taken to a page where you can activate your PayPal account.
What is PayPal?
Originally founded in 1998 under the name Confinity, PayPal is a digital wallet service that facilitates online payments. With this payment method, you can easily send and receive money, and the process is fast and smooth. When the company first started out, it developed security software for handheld devices. But in 1999, it launched a payment solution, and a year later, it merged with x.com, a company co-owned by Elon Musk. By 2001, the name Confinity was renamed to PayPal, a full-fledged payment solution.
Over the years, PayPal has changed hands a couple of times. In 2002, eBay acquired the brand, making it the default payment method for eBay users. Because of PayPal’s rapid expansion, eBay decided to make it a separate public company. Today, this payment operator has over 426 million users worldwide, some of whom are casino players in Australia.
How to Register and Deposit with a PayPal Casino
Many casino sites accept PayPal as a deposit and withdrawal method. You can find the best of these casinos on our platform, and creating and funding an account with them is pretty straightforward. Let’s discuss the step-by-step process below.
- Open a PayPal Casino Account: After creating a PayPal account, you can create an account with a top online casino PayPal in Australia. You can choose from our recommended AU casinos that accept the payment method. To join one of the casinos, simply click the “Join Now” or “Sign Up” button, and fill out the form that appears. You may also need to tick a box to accept the operator’s terms of service before being allowed to submit the registration form.
- Go to the Cashier Section: The next step is to log in to your PayPal casino account and visit the cashier section of the site. You will see a “Deposit” button to reveal all the available deposit options. Choose PayPal as your deposit method of choice and continue with the on-screen instructions.
- Make a Deposit and Start Playing: Next, you will be asked to specify the amount to deposit into your account. Then you will be redirected to the PayPal website, where you have to log in to your PayPal account to approve the transaction. Once you do, the money should reflect in your casino account within a few seconds. If a casino’s offering a signup bonus, you should think about making a deposit that will allow you to cash in on that bonus. Now, it’s time to put some real money into your AU casino account, so you can play your favourite games.
Top Bonuses at PayPal Casino in Australia
The top Australian online casinos that accept PayPal are very generous. They provide their customers with special offers and bonuses. With these bonuses, you can play longer without risking your own money. Let’s talk about some of the more common PayPal casino bonuses.
- Welcome Bonuses: Exclusive to new players when they join an online casino, these bonuses are the most common offers available at online casinos. They are used to welcome players onboard and help them hit the ground running. Some of the online casinos PayPal in AU may offer it as a no-deposit bonus added to newbies’ accounts upon completion of their registration. In most cases, however, this special offer comes with a match bonus, free spins, or both.
- Match Bonuses: In this bonus type, you will receive a percentage of your deposit as a bonus, capped at a certain amount. A top online casino PayPal Australia site, for example, may offer a 100% match bonus of up to AU$200. So, if you deposit AU$200 or more, you will receive an extra AU$200 in bonus money.
- Free Spins: Many top PayPal online casinos in Australia offer free spins, a bonus specific to only video slots. With free spins, you can play a specified number of rounds on a slot game for free. To claim this promotion when offered as a deposit bonus, you will need to make a qualifying deposit with PayPal. However, you should know that casinos will typically outline exactly which slot machines are eligible for the bonus.
- Cashback Bonuses: This is another bonus available to claim at the best AU Paypal online casino. A player can receive a cash bonus from a casino equal to a certain percentage of their cumulative losses over a certain time period. This deal is meant to help players who have recently lost some money get back on their feet. But like match bonuses, there is a limit to the bonus amount you can claim with cashback bonuses.
- VIP Programs: There is a VIP programme at some of the best Australian online casinos that use PayPal to reward regular customers. In addition to regular benefits, VIPs have access to exclusive bonuses, faster withdrawal times, a personal account manager, invitations to exclusive events, and more. Earning loyalty points for real money play is a perk offered by some operators. With enough of these points in hand, a monetary or other incentive can be redeemed.
Are PayPal Casinos Safe?
The best PayPal casino sites in Australia are absolutely safe.
These casinos operate with a valid licence from the required regulatory body. You will usually find information about their licence on their gambling site. Not just that, they also secure their website with SSL and other advanced technologies. In this way, they safeguard players’ information and prevent unauthorised access.
To feature legitimate games, top-rated online casinos that accept PayPal collaborate with only legal software providers. They also work with independent audit organisations like iTech Labs and GLI to periodically vet their games and ensure every player has the same chance of winning.
Pros and Cons of PayPal Casinos
If you are considering playing at PayPal casinos, you should know that it has some benefits and drawbacks. It is important that you are familiar with these pros and cons to determine whether the online casinos that accept the payment method can meet your expectations.
- May support more than one currency
- Processing speed is fast
- Feature numerous games
- Offer incredible bonuses
- Usually fee-free transactions
- Not all casinos support the option
- Some PayPal casinos have a low withdrawal limit.
Mobile Compatibility at PayPal Casinos
The mobile penetration rate in Australia is high, with many Aussies on their phones daily. Therefore, it is important to take into account how mobile-friendly a PayPal casino site is before suggesting it.
Our recommended gambling platforms have optimised their sites to work well on mobile devices, whether smartphones or tablets. For an enhanced gambling experience on the go, some operators even provide a dedicated iOS or Android app.
In addition, there are PayPal apps for both iOS and Android, making this a viable payment option for those using a mobile device. This makes it easy for players to perform online casino transactions on the go without having to stay glued to their desktop computer screens.
Processing Times When Using PayPal at Online Casinos
The processing of transactions at a real online casino PayPal is faster than some methods. When you deposit at a top AU casino site using this payment option, it will be processed almost instantly.
So, you can start playing your favourite real money games without issues. In addition, payouts at the best PayPal casinos are processed quickly, typically within a few minutes or hours.
This is good news for players, as it means you can get your winnings quickly without waiting weeks or months.
Benefits of Using PayPal at Online Casinos
Using PayPal for deposits and withdrawals at online casinos has many advantages. After all, it is one of the best electronic payment methods, and you can use it at a top casino Australia.
PayPal itself is a safe payment method. The payment operator uses numerous encryption and authentication models to ensure that only legitimate users can authenticate transactions. If any suspicious activity is noticed on a PayPal account, the operator places a temporary restriction on the account until everything is in order.
Another benefit of using this option is its low fees. When using PayPal to make a purchase or a deposit at an online casino, there will be no additional fees. However, it charges a small fee for some transactions (usually around 5%), such as when sending money to another PayPal account or a bank account.
If you’re curious about how much PayPal costs, you can learn more in the fees section of the payment processor’s website.
PayPal, in comparison to PayByPhone and other options, has more generous spending limits. Withdrawals from unverified PayPal accounts are limited to $500 per withdrawal, while verified accounts have a $10,000 limit. However, please note that these limits may differ from casino to casino.
One more perk of using PayPal at online casinos is that you can use accounts in different currencies. This makes it easy to perform transactions at different online casinos with different currencies, and you won’t need to pay currency conversion fees at the casinos.
PayPal transactions are pretty fast. When you send money from PayPal to PayPal or to a bank account, you can expect it to reflect within a few hours. Besides, deposits at online casinos with this payment method are potentially processed instantly.
PayPal Fees at Online Casinos
Most online casinos will not charge you a fee when you use PayPal to fund your account. The same sum will be transferred to your gambling account. Some casinos, however, do impose processing fees.
However, this is usually made clear on the banking page. Moreover, remember that PayPal has its own deposit and withdrawal limits that may differ from those of online casinos.
Games You Can Play at PayPal Casinos
When you check the lobby of a legit online casino PayPal site in Australia, you will find a wide range of games from leading developers. These games usually cut across different types and themes and may come with incredible features that make them exciting to play. Now, we’ll take a look at some of the most played games at online casinos that accept PayPal as payment.
This is considered the most popular online casino game, and you will find it at most PayPal casinos in Australia.
Slots are fun and simple to play. They come with a layout of reels and rows with pay lines or a win-way system. To win, you must get a set of matching symbols in a row on an active payline. Slots players at the top Australian PayPal casinos can choose from various game types, including classic, branded, and progressive jackpot machines.
Most Australian PayPal-accepting casinos feature blackjack, a popular table game. This exciting and potentially lucrative card game can be played with one or more standard decks of 52 cards. The goal of blackjack is to have a higher card total than the dealer’s without going over 21.
At the top Australian PayPal casinos we recommend, you can play a variety of blackjack games, including European Blackjack and Classic Blackjack.
You can also play poker at casinos that accept PayPal. Roulette is played by placing a wager on the numbered pocket on the wheel into which one believes the ball will fall after it has been spun by the croupier. Inside bets and outside bets are the two main categories of bets in roulette. When you choose the best Australian online casino PayPal site, you can play roulette variations like American Roulette, European Roulette, and French Roulette.
There are many variations of the card game of poker that can be played online. Each poker variant has its own set of rules, but they all share the common goal of having the best possible poker hand. Poker games like Casino Hold’em, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Draw Poker can be played at the best Australian online casinos that accept PayPal.
Bingo is a speciality game that functions similarly to the lottery. The goal of any bingo game is for players to line up numbers on their cards horizontally, vertically, or diagonally to win. The game starts with players buying bingo cards with numbers on them, and a raffle round will take place where the dealer selects numbered balls randomly. You mark every numbered ball that matches a number on your card. And if you can mark the numbers in one of the three directions, you win.
Live Dealer Games
Apart from Random Number Generator (RNG) based games, you can also play live dealer games at the best online casino PayPal in Australia. Live dealer games provide a more authentic and exciting gambling experience than their virtual counterparts. These games are hosted either in a developer’s studio or a physical casino and can feel very authentic to those who have played the real thing. Live blackjack, live roulette, live baccarat, and games based on popular TV shows are just some of the live games available at the best PayPal casinos.
How We Test PayPal Casinos
While there is no shortage of PayPal casinos, not all of them are suitable for players from Australia. We are well aware of this fact, which is why our experts consider numerous factors to rank the best PayPal casinos. Here are some of the factors we consider.
Licensing and Security
Licensing is an important factor that we consider when ranking the best casino online PayPal. According to Australian gambling laws, an online casino can only operate legally after obtaining appropriate licences. Our experts check the licensing of each online casino listed on our platform, and they also verify its validity. In addition, we pay attention to the security mechanisms these gambling operators use to secure players’ personal and financial details shared on their platforms.
Bonuses and Promotions
As part of our ranking factors, we check the bonuses and promotions of real money online casinos that accept PayPal before listing them among the best. Top gambling sites are usually generous, offering mouthwatering bonuses like welcome bonuses, match bonuses, and free spins. Our experts also look at the terms and conditions, such as how much you have to bet, how many games you can play, how much you can win, etc.
The primary attraction of an online casino is the opportunity to play various games. So we couldn’t but prioritise checking the game selection of an online casino Australia PayPal before listing it as one of the best. We check the types of games available, the software providers, RTPs, and other important game-related details to ensure players will have the best experience.
While this may seem less important to some, the customer support service of an online PayPal casino in AU is a vital aspect that we consider when evaluating the best gambling sites. We understand that there is no perfect casino, and at some point or another, players may need assistance from an online casino. All of the best PayPal gambling sites we’ve evaluated offer great customer service via chat, email, and phone.
Mobile Casino and User Experience
To determine which PayPal casino to list on our top list, we consider and compare how responsive the various casinos are on mobile devices.
We understand that some Aussies love to play games on the go, so we test if the mobile gaming experience of a casino is smooth. Not just that, our experts check how neatly arranged and easy to navigate a gambling platform is before listing it as one of the best.
Using PayPal vs. Bank Transfer at Online Casinos
If you’re looking for a reliable way to fund and cash out of your casino account, PayPal is a great option. But other casinos that accept bank transfers are also good. Nevertheless, you may wonder how these two options compare. Let’s take a look at some of their similarities and differences.
- Supports multiple currencies (+)
- Fast processing speed (+)
- Relatively low fees (+)
- Not accepted by every online casino (-)
- Accepted for deposits and withdrawals at online casinos (+)
- Usually limited to only one currency (-)
- Processing of transactions might slow (-)
- Fees are usually higher (-)
- Accepted by most online casinos (+)
- Usually accepted for withdrawals only (-)
This guide has explained all the key details you need to know about PayPal casinos in Australia. It’s a fact that the best Australian online casinos accept PayPal as a deposit and withdrawal option.
Nonetheless, before you can begin utilising this payment method, you must first create a PayPal wallet.
When you play at the best casinos that accept PayPal, you can choose from a wide range of games like slots, blackjack, roulette, and live dealer games. Besides, these casinos have incredible offers and promotions and overall top-notch services. All of the best Australian PayPal casinos are listed here, so you can pick the one that suits your needs best.