Online Casino Tips: The Basics
Whenever you’re playing in an online casino, following a few basic rules are quintessential to your success. Similar to the golden accounting rules, these are some of the go-to rules you must follow. We suggest you follow these rules because they help you build your strategy well. Additionally, following such best practices will put you in the habit of undertaking challenges in a calculated manner. Thus without further ado, let’s dive into the basics of casino winning tips.
Managing Your Bankroll
Managing your bankroll is one of the most important parts of playing at an online casino. If you fail to do this properly, you might lose all your winnings. But, if you’re a new player, you may wonder what a bankroll is. Your bankroll is the amount of money you have in your account. Most online casinos have their minimum deposit starting from 10, 20, or even 25 AUD.
Thus, that’s your minimum bankroll amount.
However, we recommend depositing at least 100 to 200 AUD for any player heading onto a gambling platform. There are a couple of reasons for this:
- To make a substantial win in any online casino, you require an investment that’s high enough. With a bankroll of 20 to 25 AUD, investing a lot at once takes time. The risk potential for you is higher.
- Depositing 100 to 200 AUD can help you benefit from all the present bonuses. Most casino welcome offers start at 100 AUD and go up further. That’s why using the thumb rule of depositing a minimum of 100 to 200 AUD will help you double your bankroll.
Our reasons will make more sense once you learn how bankroll management works. The thumb rule for placing a single wager on any game, including table games and slots, is 5% of your bankroll on a bad day and a maximum of 20% on a good day. Does it seem very small? Let’s put this into perspective for you for tips casino online.
Suppose you have a bankroll of 100 AUD. Now imagine the total amount to be a pie. 5% of 100 AUD is 5 AUD. This 5 AUD is the 20th part of your pie. Compared to this, 20% of your bankroll: 20 AUD, is one-fifth of your 100 AUD pie. Now, that’s a significant amount to risk on a single bet.
Furthermore, using this percentage-based strategy, you can also place safer wagers. Now, let’s see how this works. Let’s assume you’re having a good day, and your current bankroll is 100 AUD. You go ahead and place a stake of 10 AUD in a slot. At the end of your session, you win a total of 20 AUD. Hence, you get the 10 AUD back + 20 AUD. Now your bankroll is 120 AUD. Now, for the next wager, if you again place 10%, you can wager 12 AUD. But the catch is that your risk margin remains the same.
In combination with basic bankroll management, you must also check up on game-based strategies. The rules of each game govern how much bankroll you should invest. For example, in games of Baccarat, it’s wise to upscale your wager until you pull out. Conversely, on slots, the more you invest at the get-go, the higher your chances are of landing a big win.
Reviewing Bonus Offers
Every casino has a list of promotional offers you’re exposed to when you register online. It is quintessential to look out for these offers when you’re starting. The different types of offers and their benefits are listed below as follows:
- Welcome Bonus: The welcome bonus at any good casino will be worth it. You’ll receive it as bonus money or free spins when signing up. The welcome bonus, however, is often subject to wagering requirements. For you to have an idea, a 30x wagering requirement is considered low, and a 70x wagering requirement is considered relatively high.
- Weekly Promotions: Weekly promotions are offered in the manner of offers on specific games or titles which are available at the casino of your choice. Weekly promotions can be of a lot of assistance when it comes to gambling online. They offer a midweek or weekly boost to your bankroll, allowing you to maximize your real money winnings by risking less.
- Daily Promotions: Daily promotions, on the other hand, are limited. All casinos don’t offer them. However, for the ones that do offer them, you can use them productively. Daily promotions help you increase your risk ceiling every day. However, the caveat is that they are generally available only for specified games.
- No-Deposit Bonuses and Free Spins: The no-deposit bonuses at a casino are generally offered upon sign-up. Once you sign up, you must claim a no-deposit bonus specifically. It’s typically provided through free spins or bonus money. However, the drawback is that no-deposit bonuses are only offered as demo money. You can only cash out with making a minimum deposit in your account.
Now that you’re aware of the current bonuses, let’s look at how you can take advantage of them in real time. Cashing in on bonuses does not offer real money, but it mitigates your risk ceiling significantly.
For instance, you deposit 100 AUD and get a bonus of 100 AUD. Now, suppose you place a wager of 100 on a game. You invest 50 AUD in real money and 50 AUD in bonus money.
If you win 200 AUD, the winnings are split in the same ratio. The reason this is beneficial for you is that it leverages the bonus money, allowing you to place higher stakes. Resultantly, when the stake value is higher than usual, your chance of making greater winnings is amplified.
The biggest casino tip for beginners is to pick your platform wisely. Choosing the platform with the most feasible bonus can make or break your first-day luck. You can also take time and set out a strategy that can assure you the win.
Choosing the Right Game
This is one of the casino tricks you should always remember.
Choosing a suitable game for yourself can make a world of difference. Understanding your natural flair is the first step to ensuring a winning streak. If you come across any seasoned player, they will always have a game of choice. The reason for this is simple: no one can be a master at all games. While initially, a website employs the standard casino psychology tricks to make punters believe they are golden, it soon comes crashing down with your bankroll.
Hence, we recommend playing demo games and trying out how you are fair on each one.
Now that we’ve prepared you for the challenge let’s quickly look at the games available at the best online casinos in Australia.
Live Games Tips: Online Casino
Live games are the ones which give you the real casino experience. On most online websites, you can find live versions of Poker, Baccarat, Blackjack, Roulette. These games work because you have a live dealer who deals with your cards using software in real-time.
Additionally, such games often have chat rooms and community chat spaces where you can go up against other online players. Some people prefer such games because it offers a first-hand experience of a real casino.
Table games are similar to live games but are either video or software games. An example of a video-based table game would be video poker. Here a pre-recorded video dealer shuffles and distributes the cards. It gives you a real casino experience, but not in real time. Moving on from this, most table games use software that adheres to Fair Play standards to offer a unique gaming experience. The single most significant advantage of table games is that they are available in exciting renditions of older games on the block.
Pokies are the most famous casino games ever. Starting from LA to Las Vegas, every casino advertises itself using pokies. Hence, if you’re a punter, the choice is limitless for you – it is one of the most coveted casino tips for beginners. You can choose different pokies variations like Megaways slots, Jackpot slots, standard slots, etc. You’ll even find unique theme-based pokies that you can play. They may have mysterious and adventurous themes. Or they may resemble games like Fruity Ninja and Candy Crush.
A sportsbook is the only place where you have a chance of outdoing the house in itself. However, it’s also the place where the casino’s psychological tricks are maximum.
Thus, you have to rely on research, your understanding of different sports, and your sense of gauging outcomes to help you float. Some of the sports you can easily bet on are basketball, football, cricket, horse racing, tennis.
Demo & Free Games
Demos and free games are only available in some casinos. However, software providers like Pragmatic Play allow you to play demos for free. We feel demo games are essential because they will help you get a feel for different games. These games are the ones where you can practice strategies before you start wagering with real money.
Having the Right Betting Strategy
A good betting strategy is quintessential to raking in good winnings. Some of the best systems we have come across are:
- Stick to Your Skill: Sticking to your skill is one of the most important online casino tips and tricks you need to follow. It’s because the house always has an edge of roughly 3-6% in all games. That’s why leveraging your acumen for skill-based games will help you significantly improve your chances of winning. Additionally, once you get a hold of the skill-based games, you’ll be able to effectively leverage your understanding to predict outcomes or place the correct stakes. But, do remember there will be times when you lose. The motto you should inculcate is that at the end of each gaming session, you’re coming out with a marginally higher win each time.
- Spend Less, Play More: Spending less cash will help you. Most casinos don’t reward bet value. Instead, they reward players based on the number of stakes they have placed. While this also has a minimum requirement, meeting it should be sufficient. The result is you end up losing a lot less money. Additionally, you also start getting better multipliers in games the more you play. Hence, using this strategy assures you win more than you lose.
- Go for Highroller and VIP Awards: Raking in the awards helps you in the long run. The more you progress through the VIP levels, the better your bonuses are. Additionally, you get access to a diverse pool of resources that is easily leverageable to create more significant winnings. It applies to all games across the board, from online poker to live games. Choose a casino that offers multiplier bonuses. Such VIP rewards keep returning high value with every game you play. We also recommend looking out for VIP programmes which bring together cash-back rewards and risk-free bets to award you. These are very helpful in the long run.
- Leave Your Gut at Home: Leaving your gut out of the game is an A1 strategy which is required. Employing this strategy will help you wager your money correctly.
- Know and Plan Around Bonus Requirements: Knowing your requirements is essential.
Playing Within Limits
Through tournaments or intricate games like multi-reel online slots, online casinos give players several opportunities to refine their gaming and raise the stakes. While playing for large jackpots may be alluring, you must first know your abilities and experience level. Greater pressure results from higher stakes, and novice players are often more vulnerable to traps that more seasoned players are aware of. Set and adhere to winning and losing caps for each session.
They’ll keep you in your comfort zone and ensure that playing is always enjoyable and exciting in your mind.
Responsible Gambling: Avoiding Intoxication
Avoiding intoxication while gambling is essential. It impairs your senses and may often result in bad decisions. Playing while intoxicated can be lethal for your bankroll. It can send you on a losing streak faster than anything else. Thus, we strongly recommend you avoid doing this.
Additionally, taking steps to ensure responsible gambling is also imperative. To do the same, you can make use of the several tools available at the best casinos, such as:
- My Activities Data: It gives you access to all of your trade history so you can identify patterns. The interactive element assists in highlighting unfavourable tendencies.
- Deposit Limits: You may quickly establish a deposit cap at the casino. You are not permitted to place more bets after reaching the cap.
- Reality Checks: It does happen precisely how it sounds. Top casinos have no problem bringing you back to reality. When you gamble excessively, they’ll give you warning notices to deter you from doing so again. Although they ask for your permission first, this is a fantastic tool!
- Time Outs: Take a break if you’re about to fall down the rabbit hole. Take a break and cleanse from it all.
- Self-Exclusion: Additionally, you can exclude yourself from the real action. For a period, your account is suspended till the time you specify.
Tips for Advanced and Seasoned Players
Our tips for advanced gamblers include some lesser-known strategies only professionals can execute. The silver lining of these strategies is that they can add a certain level of finesse to your game.
So, let’s dive right into the best strategies advanced players can use:
- Playing in Reverse -This strategy takes a lot of insight to execute. Common to sports betting, it is used for standard casino games. The primary element of this strategy is to go against the tide. To use it, you’ll need to understand the governing flow of a game. However, once you master this technique, winnings are unlimited. The reason for that? Because the house is the most significant player at any table, that goes against the tide. That’s how it makes money. You start chipping away at the house margin using this strategy.
- Cumulative Bet – A cumulative bet strategy leverages the power of placing small bets, which add up to more enormous winnings. We recommend using this strategy because it helps professional bettors spend less at the start of the game. At this time, you can use your skills to gauge which direction a game is going in. Following this, once you’ve figured out the game pattern, you should increase your bets and steal the big wins to compensate for the losses in the first half. It allows you to come out as the winner most definitely.
- Making Smaller Bets – There is no justification to “bet more to win more” unless the game’s rules make it more probable that you’ll succeed. Whether you stake 1 AUD or 100 AUD, your chances of winning or losing remain the same. However, you have more opportunities to fail or succeed when you bet 1 AUD or 100. If the awards are distributed evenly regardless of the wage amount, increasing your wager is no benefit. You’re more than growing your winnings.
- When you place bigger bets, your losses are likewise multiplied. Small wagers are frowned upon by specific individuals. If they don’t do the math and discover that they can play for longer by placing smaller bets, ignore them; that is their error. A 5 AUD wager could result in a 1,000 AUD payout. It’s always the case. And if you placed a $1 wager and won just 200 AUD, you might feel guilty for not placing a larger bet.
- Don’t subject yourself to this. If you assume you never win until the last wager, you need to consider how many more bets you can place with your current bankroll. By placing bets more frequently, you should expect to receive larger returns. Again, how much you can afford to wager also plays a role in this.
Thus, rounding it up, we can safely say that using these strategies to win online is quintessential for you. You must ensure that you are playing with strategies that help you secure the win. In combination with your advice, we strongly urge you to read up on the various game strategies. The reason we say this is because the pattern of online games keeps changing. You will also need to incur losses to start winning initially. Every casino has its system, making it difficult to win at the get-go.
But following the basics and keeping up with the trend will effectively help you win in the long run. Our list of online casino tricks to win is quintessential for beginners. You can become a stalwart in casino gambling in no time using these. The most straightforward answer to tips for winning at casinos is that you start slow. Once you’ve figured the game out, go for it and carpe diem. We hope our list of tricks has been insightful. Apart from that, keep playing and keep winning!